Friday, September 16, 2011

Portland...

Today I'm in Portland. Oregon, that is.

I been here several times before and it is exactly how I remember it to be...slightly overcast. Beautiful...but cloudy. It kind of reminds me of the weather in London. The sun might poke out of the skies later to remind me that it's there, however, with my luck it will make its presence known while I'm inside the venue.

A few of the guys went riding today on their motorcycles...something I also love to do. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten over the apprehension of riding on a show day. I would hate to have even a minor accident and end up being solely responsible for postponing or (worse) canceling a show. Hopefully I will get over my fears and in the future be able to enjoy more of the scenery around the venues that we play.

A few more guys went to pay a visit at Nike. I'm sure it would be fun to go and see it all, however, I resigned myself to the venue in order to catch up on some blogging, some reading, and most importantly, some much needed napping.

Even though I won't get to see much of this beautiful city today, I have been here before and have seen just how beautiful it truly is. I rarely venture outside the confines of the venues anyway...in spite of the notion that I possibly could be missing out on some great little adventures, I would prefer to share my adventures with and in the company of my wife, Holly. It seems unfair to me that I would be able to go, see, and experience some things and she not be able to be there right by my side. However, let it be said that because she is always in the forefront of my mind and heart, in a sense she is always there. Kind of like when Forrest is describing to Jenny some of the beautiful things he had seen in his travels, she says to him, "I wish I could have been there with you", to which he simply replies, "But...you were."
Holly is always with me...whether in physical actuality, or simply while in the forefront of my heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment