Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Miracle League...

If I were to tell you about an organized youth baseball league, you might call it ordinary.
If I were to tell you the athletes are physically and mentally challenged, you might call it touching.
If you were to see them play you would call it a MIRACLE.

That's the slogan of the Miracle League. And yes...it does say it all. They are a non-profit organization that believes that every child should have the chance to play baseball.

I first discovered the Miracle League about this time last year when a friend told me about it. I was intrigued by the idea and wanted to go see it all first hand. My friend thought it would be fun for some of the kids there because so many of them like my band's music.

Unfortunately, my touring schedule prevented me from seeing any of the spring season games, but I plan on attending as many of the fall season games that I can this year.

They may have special needs, but these are some of the most amazing kids I have ever seen. So filled with life. Hesitant to judge and so quick to love. They are a true inspiration.

The strange thing is this...to see them play baseball would make you immediately think the word "miracle", but the truth is they are so deeply touching and inspiring, and somehow change the way you look at the world. The transformation of what happens in your heart and soul as you watch them play ball, that's the true MIRACLE.


www.miracleleague.com
www.miracleleagueofgardendale.com

No comments:

Post a Comment