Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Uh-oh...

Have you ever been part of something that was fun during the moment and then that little voice inside your head says, "You know you're pay for that..."?

Yeah...me too. Only that little voice was my sweet wife pointing out the obvious truth about the situation.

The situation...

During our last show on the road with a huge country music super-star, my bandmates and I pulled a bit of a practical joke.
It was the last night of the tour, and said star has a reputation for pulling practical jokes on his opening acts. We once witnessed his entire crew dismantle a side-by-side ATV and drag it out onto the stage during another performer's set. That day we saw his crew dismantle an act's gear while they were playing their last song! We felt sure that we were going to fall victim to this regular methodology during our set, so much so that our fearless leader said right before we walked out onstage, "Well boys...here we go! One big sitting target!!"
Oddly enough, there were no practical jokes pulled on us. Apparently, the headliner was wrapped up in some pre-show business and ran out of time to play havoc with us during our set. Too bad for him and his crew...
During the encore, while we were all on stage together in one big jam session, the guys dowsed said country star Super Bowl style by dumping a very large Gatorade cooler filled with ice water onto him. Immediately after the dowsing, my bandleader said over the microphone for all to hear, "There you go, Coach!"

Poor guy...that water was REALLY COLD!!!


Everyone had a laugh...even the big superstar. It was taken for what it was...good clean fun. Said star even hugged us all afterwards and showered us with words of love and water-logged hugs.

Later, my lovely wife says to me...and I quote...
"You know you boys are going to have to watch your backs for a long time, right? I mean...he's gonna get EVEN. You DO know this, don't you?" (Leave it up to my wife to scare the shit out of me!)


(Gulp!) I can only imagine what twisted fate this gentleman has started dreaming up for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment