Thursday, August 18, 2011

Causing a ruckus

Ever have one of those experiences in which you say what you have to say, you mean it intently, and afterwards start having feelings of guilt over having said anything at all?

...me too.

Recently I was put into a situation in which I was asked to explain my reasons behind a business decision that I had made. I told the truth as I perceived it to be. A couple of days have passed and I still stand behind my decision and the reasons for it, however, I can't help feeling guilty about the potential backlash that could have possibly ensued on the other end of things. It was not my intention to be hurtful with my decision. It was strictly based on a well thought out set of principles and not based on a bunch of emotional whims. In spite of it all, there lies the potential for people to have their jobs affected or at least have to deal with unnecessary crap because of it all. I didn't want to screw up anyone's gig...I only wanted to point out some areas where improvements could be made.

Maybe I'm over-thinking all of this. Maybe the fact that I have a conscience is why I'm not cut out to be a business man.

No comments:

Post a Comment