Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why are my eyes open?

I know, I know...

It has been a minute or two since I last blogged. It's a careful balance of something to say, desire to write, and time to write it...and rarely do the three meet simultaneously! Sometimes I have something to say, but not the time. Sometimes I have the desire to write, but nothing to say. Sometimes I have the time, but my desires instruct me to do other things that I deem at that moment to be more important.

Tonight...all and none of those three are occurring and not occurring at the same time.

I got off the phone with my love earlier...both of our eyes were getting droopy, and the quiet yearnings of sleep were drawing us to our respective beds. So we said our "I love you's" and our "goodnight my love's" and hung up our phones.
My mind as well as my body was genuinely tired...I drifted off to sleep for just a short little while.

...and then woke up.

Why am I awake and writing this?

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA!

For some reason which completely escapes me at this moment (probably exhaustion), here I sit, alone, and wide eyed in my hotel room. Nothing interesting to watch on tv. My beautiful perfect wife is at home sleeping soundly (calling her back at this hour would be rude, selfish, and counter-productive). So...blogging seemed to be the most interesting thing to do.

The bad news is...
I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING REALLY COOL TO WRITE ABOUT...

I guess for now I'll just have to struggle to keep my eyes shut and my mind empty in the hopes that tomorrow I can keep my eyes open and my mind focused.

I will say this though...
I happen to be married to the sweetest, most beautiful woman in the whole world. I am so blessed. She also happens to be my best friend and has been since we were kids. I cannot say enough good things about this woman. She's smart. She's funny. She's absolutely sexy. She's creative, thoughtful, and sweet natured...though she would politely disagree with all of that. Most importantly...she crazy enough to be married to my dumb ass. My dumb, rest-deprived, insomniac ass. The fact that she is willing to put up with me and all of my eccentricities is not only amazing, but also makes me love her that much more.

I'll scream it from the mountain tops if I have to...

HOLLY, I LOVE YOU WITH ALL OF MY BEING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment