Thursday, November 3, 2011

dreadful?...maybe not

A completely dreadful day...

It's cold and rainy today. I'm feeling like warmed over death...the result of a sinus infection trying to rear its ugly head. To top it all off I have tons of stress mounting up upon me...finances, a lawsuit, business responsibilities to live up to...

The silver lining to the proverbial cloud hanging above me today is that I will be spending this weekend with my wonderful family...something we don't get to do very often. We don't always have opportunity to spend time together as a family, so the fact that we are making time thrills me to no end. I will also be going to visit my father's final resting place...for some, that would be a potentially stressful situation, and maybe it is for me too, but I really feel the need to "visit" my dad. It will be good for my soul to go there.
Another silver lining in my life right now...my beautiful wife and I are trying to have a baby. Ok...maybe not trying to "have" it just yet, but trying to get preggers. We're both a little older than most who are looking to make that leap, which presents certain obstacles, however, we have been discussing our different options and are going to do all that we can to make it happen. This, also thrills me beyond words, in spite of all the potentially stressful aspects of such a thing.

Yes, it is a entirely dreadful day on the surface. But I am truly blessed beyond description, something I am making sure to be thankful for...even on such a seemingly bleak and bleary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment